blogklaineisendgame - All the books have queer themes and characters (not exclusively), they are not all romance or have varying degrees of romance.
So exactly what have I been doing to distract myself this hiatus?
For those who may have a love for off kilter, clever, coming of age stories, with a good side dose of romance (these ones are mostly m/m but I have others in the next batch that aren’t) - Here is my reading list:
1. (My favorite not pictured) - How They Met (David Levithan) - The un-sappiest of short story meet cutes (m/m, f/f, m/f).
2. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Benjamin Alire Saenz) - An unlikely friendship between two Hispanic boys in the US, as they navigate their relationship with their families, love, and themselves.
3. Bleeding Heart (Melissa Graves) - Just your every day love story when a human student of vampire medicine falls for a young, street savvy vampire. Hot with a wonderful dose of social commentary.
4. Platonic (Kate Paddington) - A love story about breaking up, growing up, and finding a second chance.
5. Fan Art (Sarah Tregay) - Sometimes you’re so close to the thing you want, you’re unable to see it clearly. Apparently, everyone else sees it.
6. Sotto Voce (Erin Finnegan) - When an uppity wine columnist from NYC meets the brooding outdoorsy winemaker from Sonoma Valley, they hate each other. The chemistry is electric. The wine is intoxicating. (This book is not YA, nor is it a coming of age story. It is two complex adults falling in love).
7. Forever Man (AJ DeWall) - The love story that reminds you that it’s never too late to be the person who you are meant to be. Or unrequited love from long ago suddenly adult and passionate and highly inconvenient.
8. One Man Guy (Michael Barakiva) - This book instantly reminded me of ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding’ only coming of age story and gay and Armenian. Very funny and sweet and culturally immersive.
9. Boy Meets Boy (David Levithan) - The title is a spoiler but it’s more than that. This book was written as a largely queer positive eutopia as a book for teens where there were not very many novels where a boy meets boy.
10. Two Boys Kissing (David Levithan) - His most recent novel, narrated by unnamed ghosts of the AIDS era past watching as different characters react to two boys determined to break the world record for the longest kiss.
11. Wide Awake (David Levithan) - Love, politics, and a gay Jewish presidential hopeful much like Al Gore.
12. Rapture Practice (Aaron Hartzler) - This is a NON-FICTION memoir of a gay kid growing up in a deeply religious evangelical family focused on the bible and waiting for Jesus to return. It BLEW ME AWAY. This is the story of his childhood and highschool experience.
13. Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List (David Levithan and Rachel Cohn) - Two long time best friends. Ely is gay. Naomi is in love with him. And how they navigate reality and their passionate love for each other. Just not that kind of love.
Brad Falchuk giving direction to Chris. He just looks so perfect here.
Again, random old tidbits from 2012 that I never posted, but we’re in a long hiatus so eh why not.
Darren Criss on how he got the part on Glee. Source (x)
And then the bear was like, “Can you get me a guest spot?”
lol! Many of us were thinking it would be but I have seen a few bears in my time and let me tell you - that ain’t no wee bear. WOW.
@alxanders The newlywed @Matt_Morrison back in the studio today. Congrats again bro! Great to see you!
Here’s a screen cap with his Insta handle (I can’t properly post a link when I’m mobile). It’s not full grown, but that’s no roly-poly cub.
strooodel A beary good day on the set of Glee.
In which a fierce little bear tears into the Blaine/Dave apartment, throws things everywhere, and destroys it all.
Well, almost all: He just leaves one trail of cheerios into the bedroom to a sign reading:
they are most definitely shooting at sue’s storage unit today. everything is set up and lots of crew. didn’t see any actors.